Thursday, October 15, 2015

Why do I think Broadsides are cool?

           For those of you that may not know what a broadside is let me explain. They are printed posters that announce events, news, advertisements, proclamations, etc. They are a single sheet of paper and where like newspapers before newspapers.
I love broadsides one they are so cool just the way they are printed with cool weird illustrations and two they said the coolest stuff. They ranged from, ads to religion, to stuff about dead people to last words of people sentenced to execution. You could put what ever you wanted on them and I love that.
In class we got to make our own broadsides. I was really interesting to here what people did.  Some went funny, making a satire of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, some went historical talking about the printing press, and some went news related talking about the recent property destruction of TCU by Baylor. They took the form of news page, announcements, wanted posters and more.
The one my group did was a propaganda poster for people to go to Mars for water set in the not to distant future. It was fun to come up with something that was engaging that people might want to read.

I really enjoy broadsides and think they are a great way to get information out with out having to create mass amounts of content for a whole book or newspaper. That's why I think broadsides are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment